Tom Waits interviewed himself in 2008 and Newsvine.com has the whole thing. Below is his list of scary things. Also if you need more of a Waits fix check out The Selvedge Yard post from a couple weeks ago. Great images.
Q: What's scary to you?
- A dead man in the backseat of a car with a fly crawling on his eyeball.
- Turbulence on any airline.
- Sirens and search lights combined.
- Gunfire at night in bad neighborhoods.
- Car motor turning over but not starting, its getting dark and starting to rain.
- Jail door closing.
- Going around a sharp curve on the Pacific Coast Highway and the driver of your car has had a heart attack and died, and you're in the back seat.
- You are delivering mail and you are confronted with a Doberman with rabies growling low and showing teeth…you have no dog bones and he wants to bite your ass off.
- In a movie…which wire do you cut to stop the time bomb, the green or the blue.
- Mc Cain will win.
- Germans with submachine guns.
- Officers, in offices, being official.
- You fell through the ice in the creek and it carried you down stream, and now as you surface you realize there's a roof of ice.